2008/06/15

The Acacia Strain

Talk about a crazy show. There's nothing like watching a bunch of ppl getting elbowed/punched/kicked and a bunch of fights breaking out over nothing while a band is up on stage jamming their hearts out. So, I witnessed three fights, four people with bloody noses, myself getting hit numerous times by ppl in the pit, and a bunch of great bands playing live. As a result, I am half deaf, my vision is blurred, and I have a small lump on my cheek. It was a great show. The lineup included Dear Life, Since the Flood, All Shall Perish, and The Acacia Strain. My, my, what a nice set of bands. The opening band I forgot their name, but they were a group of prepubescent children with an Asian vocalist. I was utterly confused to see this and I was even more confused when I heard it. They were OK, nothing special. I'll give them a break since they're so damn young and opening for some rather widely known bands.

I woke up at 7 today to go work at Joe's. I picked up Mike and we went over. We worked from 8AM-2:30PM and then left. We spent the duration of that time trying to pull weeds from clay-like dirt, which proved to be extremely difficult. I was tired after THAT and it was only 3 when I got home. I took a shower then went to Sean's house to pick them up and drive to the show.

Now, I'm rather tired so I think I want to go to sleep. It would be really nice to do so.

No comments: